Friday, January 25, 2013

PvP Needs a Revamp

Recently I've been getting into a lot of duals/2v1s in PvP and I've come to the conclusion that PvP really needs a revamp. Each time, the matches went on for about five to ten minutes with nobody dying.

When players are similarly geared/leveled in Raiderz it is virtually impossible to kill anybody remotely competent. I had a Sorcerer who was really good playing against me on my cleric, getting me down to over halfway in health twice, which is rare. I then started to heal more actively and dodging and I was back to full health. He simply ran an dodged my attacks until his health slowly regenerated. It wasn't until I finally got bored that I started to run off to kill mobs. He then started to attack me while I was killing mobs. I killed the mobs, healed, and continued to do what I wanted until he realized it would take forever to kill me and walked away as well.

This is common in Raiderz, and that makes me sad.

I feel that damage needs to be tuned up quite a bit in PvP because with all the avoidance each class has, not tuning it up will result in more anti-fun fights. Raiderz PvP has gotten really stale since the zones themselves are bland and boring, but to couple the fact that you need to either out gear or outnumber your opponent to kill them, it's just dull.

Instead, I recommend that there need to be more snares or damage output to offset the annoyance of getting into long fights where nobody dies. I also believe there need to be some battle grounds if this game is ever going to be taken seriously. World PvP in a small zone is not 'world pvp'.

Overall, I think that PvP in Raiderz needs to re tune their PvP and add a reason to PvP.

No comments:

Post a Comment